EVER WONDERED ABOUT GOD
WHO HE IS AND WHY
This is Torque Talk
If there's only matter nothing matters, no reason to trust reason, no objective moral values.
No free will - (materialists & atheist Sam Harris and pantheist Albert Einstein)
Scroll down on each page to the text
The search for meaning/purpose in life is ultimately a useless exercise in a blind pitiless indifferent material world - if there is nothing outside the human brain. Molecules alone = no meaning
'What is truth?' Pilate asked and turned away ... from the Truth. John 18:38, 14:6
It is not that one cannot but will not believe
Billboard San Francisco
The most unchurched city in the USA
The radical change that took place in my heart was not from a rational decision but in response to an overwhelming Love that became rational
The existence of God cannot be proved by scientific means as He is outside of space, time and matter.
The apologetic should demonstrate that there is nothing more logic than explaining God.
The more you think and, the more you explore,
the clearer God will become to the free, open, seeking mind.
Blind faith is not Biblical.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else."
C. S. Lewis
God is Light
The sun is the only source of light in the world – the only source of all energy.
Without the sun our planet would have been pitch dark with total absence of any heat – a dark, inhabitable place with a temperature of minus 273 degrees Celsius. (–273.15 °C - absolute zero [-459 °F]).
Light energy from the sun provides all energy that makes growth and movement possible on this earth.
Sunlight energy is 'processed' by plants and smaller organisms, stored (through a process called photosynthesis), and provides food and therefore energy to all living creatures. It is also the only source for fossil fuel (that originated from plants through the same original process) and is now used to provide electricity that runs our cities, our computers, airplanes and all that depends so much on an external source of power. I can only move my finger because of the light energy from the sun. I can think because there is a sun providing energy. There is, and never has been, any other source of energy that makes life and movement possible on this earth.
So, we should not be surprised that the Bible tells us that God is the Light of the world to help us to understand more of Who He is. These words were written in the Bible long before we as humans came to an understanding of the sun’s light and energy characteristics and how essential it is for all life on earth. The Bible authors, who wrote about God being the Light of the world over thousands of years, had no idea of the true and deep implications and meaning of their words. God, however, Who inspired the written words, the Creator of light Himself, knew. As knowledge of nature grew, man would also understand more of Who God is.
God explains Himself to humankind in terms that we can understand.
And if we ponder about this we realize that:
· White light (the light from the sun) consists of three primary colors: red, blue and yellow. God reveals Himself in the Bible as triune: The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit being three separate entities, yet one.
· White light can be broken up into a spectrum of visible colors, seven colors in total – the godly number in the Bible expressing the completeness of God. Psalm 76:4 You are resplendent (attractive and impressive through being richly colourful and sumptuous) with light, more majestic than mountains rich with game.
· We cannot look directly at the sun without permanent damage to our eyes as the sun is too bright, even so God Who is too holy for us to see Him Face to face. Exodus 33:20 But," He said, "you cannot see My face, for no one may see Me and live.”‘.
· Darkness is a ‘passive’ entity, in fact, a non-existing entity, and cannot drive light away nor neutralize it. In contrast, light is a true entity and where it is, darkness cannot be and is ‘driven out’ It is dark because there is no light If you switch a light on in a dark room it is light because the presence of light, not the absence of darkness, and when you switch it off it is dark because there is no light – darkness itself plays no role. You cannot switch darkness on and off. John 8: 12 ‘When Jesus spoke again to the people, He said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."’
· Without light, we are effectively blind. We might have perfect eyes but without light, we cannot see Without the Spiritual Light of God, we may have a normal spirit but will in effect be spiritually blind and are unable to see the reality of God. We need the Light to see Him.
With the above understanding, see what the Bible tells us about God being the Light of the World:
Isaiah 9:2 ‘The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned’.
God is light, the creator of light (the sun) and the only source of light and energy to the world, to us, as Paul explained to the polytheists of his time in Greece; ‘For in Him we live and move and have our being.’ As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are His offspring.’ Acts 17:28